Spreading of your bills

Various EBT statistics can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nodisch18 »

Thomas B wrote:In Finland the dots aren't much smaller, but higher. I think this is because of the projection of the map that is used. But correct me if I'm wrong... :roll:
That's true. Look at the dot on my map in Turkey. That one is almost a line! :?

But what i tried to ask is...

Is a dot in Finland for instance 30X30 km or also 40X40 km...?
Thomas B
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Thomas B »

Sorry, I haven't red your message well enough. :? I think that the dots all over the map will cover the same area. so if a dot in The Netherlands is 40x40 km it will be the same in Finland.

Would be strange if it's different...
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Yes, the dots appear to be taller in the north and shorter in the south because of the projection. The map is a grid of 150x150 cells, where each cell is 0,44 degrees longitude wide and 0,28 degrees latitude tall. There are no "kilometer" measures at all in the map, just the coordinates. The dots are drawn using the coordinate positions, almost like the dots found on hit reports.
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by airis »

avij wrote: The map is a grid of 150x150 cells, where each cell is 0,44 degrees longitude wide and 0,28 degrees latitude tall. There are no "kilometer" measures at all in the map, just the coordinates.
So isn´t the dot from east to west shorter in kilometers in northern areas? For me living on the arctic circle it is a shorter drive out of a dot area. :wink: Well there aren´t that many shops in the countryside. :roll: (For example my parents live 33 km away from the nearest shop.)
Jogoded

writing on bills

Post by Jogoded »

I write a text on the bills saying Eurobilltracker.com , but I wonder if this is a right thing to do, because don't they keep that bills at the bank to destroy ??
Any one of you can say more about this ??

Best regards

Johan
Gauss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Gauss »

This should better be a thread of its own, but since it's here anyway, let's answer it here.

The opinions about whether it is a good idea to mark bills are controversal and have been discussed occasionally (and controversally). The main Pro arguments are that it might significantly increase your chance to get a hit, and that it is an easy way to promote EBT. (In fact, the success of the US site which tracks the dollar bills is to a great deal due to this kind of advertisement, accomplished with rubber stamps.
On the other hand, marking a bill may considerably shorten its lifetime. Most National Banks will mercilessly sort out every bill with some kind of writing on it as soon as this bill gets to it. Depending on how and in which country you spend the bill, it will get to the National Bank sooner or later. (For example, given the condition of an average bill in Germany and an average bill in Spain, I assume that banks exchange their stock with the National Bank more often in Germany than in Spain.) Secondly, some shopkeepers or bank employees are not exactly happy to receive marked bills. Some claim that it is illegal to write on banknotes but this is wrong.

It's your decision.
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

airis wrote:
avij wrote: The map is a grid of 150x150 cells, where each cell is 0,44 degrees longitude wide and 0,28 degrees latitude tall. There are no "kilometer" measures at all in the map, just the coordinates.
So isn´t the dot from east to west shorter in kilometers in northern areas?
Yup. 0,28 degrees latitude is 31,1 km (wherever you are) and 0,44 degrees longitude ranges from 16,8 km at the northern part of Finland (70 degrees latitude) to 39,7 km at the southern part of Spain (36 degrees latitute).

Thanks for the info Avij!
Schaza
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Schaza »

My boring map... like you can see, i travel quite lot places which are beside roads [ E75 ] between Helsinki-Jyväskylä, and road [ 9 ] between Jyväskylä-Hankasalmi. Just few dots are pointing somewhere else.
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

hmm I've shown my map somewhere on this forum before I've discovered this topic... any way, here it is:

(the map only show the places where I got the bills :cry: , I left some in Spain, Poland and Czech Republic, but they're not on the map..)

bn :arrow:
DrGreenTom
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by DrGreenTom »

ok, stupid newbie talking : how do you people make such a map ???
!Pretfles!
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by !Pretfles! »

when you go to the ebt sites and look up your statistics you'll find such a map for you
My Flickr
Personal Blog
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.)_('.) webpage to help him gain world domination.
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

Jules wrote:ok, stupid newbie talking : how do you people make such a map ???
Go to your EBT account - account details - right mouse click on your map - properties 'eigenschappen' at the end of the column - copy and paste the url at a reply using [img]url[/img].

BTW, I have 3 new dots on my map.
2 more to go :twisted: .
Prynde
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Prynde »

Talk about boring map...

Only places so far are Selki, Nummela and one from Siippoo... maybe i should travel more.... :roll:
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

Thomas B wrote:We now have one more list in which bhoeyb hasn't got the first place!! :lol: So it's time to go traveling, bhoeyb!
Only 1 more to become N° 1 :twisted: :wink: ...
Speukes
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Speukes »

Me and my girlfriend started tracking on October 7 2003, and this is what we already have. Not that bad :P but we want more! More!

Also a dot in New York City!
Last edited by Speukes on Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “EuroBillTracker Statistics”