Change hour

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Phaseolus, Crazy Bob, Fons, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Change hour

Post by eurojuanmi »

I have written this post at 2 am or 3 am? because now the hour is changed

http://forum.eurobilltracker.eu/viewtop ... 219#261219
angelita
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by angelita »

You probably wrote it at 2, but it took you so long to do that, that you posted it at 3 :lol: :lol: :lol:
member since 2006-01-03
:flag-nl: rank 20
international rank 120
38.833 notes
436 hits (353 :flag-nl: (3 triple), 24 :flag-be:, 14 :flag-de:, 4 :flag-es:, 3 :flag-fi:, 1 :flag-it: 1 :flag-pt: (and 65 more, but moderated)
pepitopulpito
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Change hour

Post by pepitopulpito »

eurojuanmi wrote:I have written this post at 2 am or 3 am? because now the hour is changed
You probably should sleep a little more...
¡Participa! Speel mee! Participez! Take part in! Spiel mit!
:flag-eu: EBT WhatPulse Team :flag-eu:
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Post by androl »

now it should be 11:07

...correct.
But are now all messages posted yesterday one hour wrong? I mean, a message that was posted 24 hours ago, does it also say 11:07 now? I think it does, because only the time setting in my profile has changed to Timezone: GMT+2, the times are saved without additional hour in the database.
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

In Finland the change from winter time to summer time happened at 03:00.. So, after 02:59 came 04:00.
It was funny looking at the special local train timetables. Suddenly it takes over an hour driving 1km :))
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurojuanmi »

And what about the Radio-Controlled watches??? Casio has some models with this feature, it must be very useful in this cases, when changing the time, also curious to see the watch turning into the correct time itself.
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

I'm against the change hour, so I refused to change time!!!
Main organiser of EBTM06: Amsterdam and national meetings in Zwolle and Leiden.
Have you been to Holland? Join the Bingo
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

As long as you keep in mind what time it actually is (when you have meetings etc.), nobody will care. :wink:

Christian
eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurojuanmi »

The change of Hour is supposed to save Energy, but I don't think it helps very much, the light you won't use at afternoon is used at the morning...
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

eurojuanmi wrote:The change of Hour is supposed to save Energy, but I don't think it helps very much, the light you won't use at afternoon is used at the morning...
I don't care much - it's nice though to have long sunshiny evenings. :)

As for how much energy can be saved, well, I don't know. But in most of the US and parts of Canada, for example, the summer time (daylight saving time) period will even be extended as from 2007, ie. a couple more weeks than this year. Why would they do that if there was no such "saving" effect at all?

Christian
helloggs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by helloggs »

eurojuanmi wrote:And what about the Radio-Controlled watches??? Casio has some models with this feature, it must be very useful in this cases, when changing the time, also curious to see the watch turning into the correct time itself.
I have a Junghans watch with that feature, but it's no fun to stay up to 3.00 in the night just to watch this exciting process... I saw it once two years ago because I was awake for another reason, and in fact the clock needs some time to receive the signal and to sync, so the hand went back 15 minutes late or so...
And I always wondered if there are other time transmitter in Europe than the one in Frankfurt. with its 2000 km radius.

And about saving effects: I read a study where it was said that a big thunderstorm has more effect on the electricity consumption than the DST. I guess, most people like the longer evenings (me included) so they just stick to it, disregarded there are no power savings measurable.
eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurojuanmi »

2:00 or 3:00 am?
eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurojuanmi »

I was just going to the bed when I thought: in 9 minutes is the hour change!, so I could write an EBT post, and again I´m awake at 3 o'clock, or at 2 o´clock?

In this photo I have written a post the Octuber 29 at 3:00 am, but my clock says Octuber 29 at 2:00 am, I have gone to the past?

Like pepitopulpito said: I should sleep a little more...
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by 3948 »

We had to turn the clock back one hour.
From 3 to 2 am.

The clock on your puter changed automaticly.

You just have to change the settings in your profile on the forum too. Those don't change automatic ofcourse.
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

helloggs wrote:And I always wondered if there are other time transmitter in Europe than the one in Frankfurt.
Don't know about Continental Europe, but there is one in the UK too.
http://www.npl.co.uk/time/msf/

My clock (I am in Germany) usually works with the DCF signal that you mentioned, but depending on where I travel,
I can also use the British MSF signal, the American WWVB signal, and the two Japanese JJY signals. Have not
been to Japan yet though. :wink:

Christian

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”